Friday, November 20, 2009

Glitter!

Well...the Christmas decorating has begun at C's house. After 2 days of organizing, fluffing garland (ouch) , checking thousands of tiny lights (tedious) and making fresh bows which have me covered with glitter (even down my shirt, how does that stuff travel?).......I am already exhausted but very excited about getting the actual decorating started.........I am changing the color scheme in the main part of the 10,000 square foot house from burgundy/gold to silver/white/gold..........hence the making of all new bows and ribbon..........
yesterday as I left for the day, covered in glitter from all the ribbon and totally whipped and sore, I walked outside and the last rays of the sun were shining through the pampas grass...
making the most beautiful Glitter of its own.

and I was recharged.


6 comments:

Glenda/MidSouth said...

You are decorating a 10,000 sq.ft. house?!?!?!? I would never attempt an undertaking like that. Will your client allow you to take photos to share? I will settle to have my tree up this weekend.

From the Old InkWell said...

Beautiful grasses! Love the photos from Radnor Lake too. The ducks are adorable. I keep saying I need to take a field day there.

Yes! Please post some photos of your "mansion" decorating!

Carole said...

I think we're in the same boat...decoration overload. good luck with the awesome task of decorating 10,000 sq.ft. Holy Moly! Makes my work pale in comparison. Love the light that comes off the grasses....it never looks as good to me on camera as in real life:)) You've mastered it.
Love the new header!
well off to decorate more!
xxx.C

ben said...

You are having too much fun with your new camera! Such expressive shots! LOOOVVVEE the grass!

Anne Marie said...

GREAT! photo!!

how have you been?

looking good around here that's for sure!!

Cobalt Violet said...

Wow!!! So beautiful! I love the light through the grasses. Heavenly.