Thursday, January 21, 2010

snow birds

thought i'd show you some of the art i've been working on this past, totally fun, inspired week...


the trio of "snow birds" is my first attempt at using palette knives instead of brushes. a really fun way to apply paint to the canvas! the other paintings are past works which i've hung gallery style inspired by a cool chick, chrisy and this post...

















i started a painting class last week too and the painting i'm working on for the class (which has consumed me, in a good way) will be posted about soon...


i am so excited about this class and the potential art,


but more than that,


i am excited about the potential friendships with the ladies in the class and what we can bring to each other.........




p.s. i find photographing my paintings and interiors difficult...lighting, glare etc. are a challenge and the true colors just aren't there...


more learning to do...

i miss being in the garden this time of year.

different seasons,

for different passions.







14 comments:

KarenB said...

When you are productive you are amazing! I love the bird picture! The triptych is even better! Just fabulous, Erin!!! I'm glad you're making new friends in your class. It's always so much fun to gather with like minded, passionate people.

Hugs,
Karen

Unknown said...

thank you for visiting my blog and for your kind words. I LOVE your "Snow Birds" painting. Very pretty indeed...you are one talented lady! Will be back to visit again!
warm regards,
~*~*~*michelle~*~*~*~

kjkljk;ljljgjgfuyhd said...

These paintings are beautiful!
It will be so nice to see what comes
from your new adventure in art class :+D
I know what you mean about spending time
outdoors in the garden...Any week now the
crocus' will peek out from their earthy
blanket. Faithful as ever!
xoxoxo
Franny

Don said...

Good good. Your paintings are delightful.
Using Lightroom should help getting the colors right. Let me know if you want more info.

Elena_Valeriote said...

Lovely lovely lovely. Oh how I wish I could paint!

dmvoccola said...

I love your paintings, and as always, the photography is great as well.

Cobalt Violet said...

The triptych is beautiful! I love it. I think you did a great job with shooting the interior! Enjoy your class!

Donna said...

Love the snowbirds! You are so artistic!

PcheƂka said...

..very nice triptych..and find the place to compose with..I like this colours...Have a nice moments in your art class with new friends :))

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Hi Erin
I love your triptych of snow birds!! Just beautiful [as always]. The use of palette knives does bring a new emotion to your art which i just love.. It seems simpler yet more emotive. You are so clever!! can't wait to see what you present to us next...

Glad you are enjoying the company of likeminded friends too.. Have a great weekend my friend.. xx Julie

Anonymous said...

Palette knives create what brushes cannot. Love the texture and shadows! Just gorgeous, Erin!

So many people are blogging about the coming of Spring, but I am enjoying Winter. She is the quiet and thoughtful sister, and she inspires us to do the things we cannot do when Spring and Summer and Fall demanded so much of our attention!

:)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your kitchen wall looks completely different, a mini art gallery in the most prominate place in your home. Wish I had your eye for placing pieces together to make them look just right. Can't wait to see your latest paintings.
Spring will be here before you know it and you'll be so busy in the garden you'll long for these long winter days. Peace.
Jennifer

Carole said...

You've taken your time away and made something really special. I admire all the talent you have. The staircase painting is mesmerizing too but you know how much I love nature and birds so the trio is my favorite.
Thanks for showing us!
Carole
ps....I did love that shop in Chocolat!!!

Unknown said...

Love your paintings. I think your photograph turned out very well. If you are still unhappy with your photography, you might check into photo shop. They have an awesome editing program.