Thursday, June 30, 2011

red, white and blue around the house...

i spotted this adorable boat house at a nearby subdivision called "Westhaven". it is always at this time of year (a few days before the fourth of July) that i think i need buntings for my house....but it is too late to order them. er
oh well.......i made due with out buntings and changed up a few things on my porches.
the arch covered in Jessamine leads you to the back door and the cozy covered part of the deck....

the part of the house that i spend most of my time.......a gentle breeze provided by the ceiling fan adds some relief from the heat and gently sways the curtains.....


all spring, i have had the white cotton curtains hanging from clothespins....the old crocheted piece i just added this week.


to the left of the door is an old washbasin that i have turned into a water feature.


you can't see it in the photo but there is a bubbler and tiny goldfish swimming inside....the sound of the water is so relaxing to me....


above is one of my favorite wreaths......made by a lady i found at the flea market years ago.....simple wire and fragile twigs.


to the right is a piece of porch ceiling from an old farmhouse....the perfect shades of blue.


one of my handmade angels holds a flag.


i have hung some old garden fencing from a rake head....i have a thing for delicate old wire fencing...


my Adirondack chairs will soon be painted white.......until then i spiffed them up with some new cushions.


old doors lean behind the chairs....an old frame that i painted blue is hung there........above, is the "love spoken here" signage that i created this week, out of wire (inspired by something i saw on the Internet) i just love how it turned out.......it took a few tries, but was really not that hard to make.


my blue hummingbird feeder is just for show, as it has a terrible drip.


i love how the crochet piece catches the late afternoon rays....


and casts pretty shadows.


my dollar chair has a new coat of paint and holds my chalk ware kitty.


patriotic flags are a must for the fourth of July!


especially on the front porch.


and i just had to show you this gorgeous barn off of nearby, Franklin road, sporting its flag. you can't get more


AMERICAN


than that.


mmm


wewe plan on spending time on the back porch this holiday weekend....and i'll most likely start some new projects (i just found a store here in Franklin that carries Annie Sloan's Chalk paint, so of course i had to buy some...can't wait to try it out on my dining room table) and i have some paintings that are beckoning me into the studio......and there is always puttering in my gardens......oh yes, the Art Crawl is this weekend and a cookie exchange with fireworks at church....and, and, and.......




HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!


mmm


mmm


i am joining debra at common ground for


vintage inspiration friday.....come to the party y'all.









25 comments:

Tricia said...

Your porch is so cozy and pretty. The curtains on clothes pins is such a cute idea...love that wire sign too!

Pam Kessler said...

Your porch is amazing. The little crocheted piece is very cute. Just everything about it is so fun and welcoming.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

What a pretty place to sit, relax and enjoy the day. Have a fun and safe holiday weekend.

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

The porch photos are beautiful...perfect for a holiday weekend.
May I ask you what store handles the AnnieSloan paint??? I have a friend who lives there and she might be able to pick some up for me.
Have a beautiful weekend!!!

marĂ­a cecilia said...

Hola dear, just a few words to let you know how much I admire your lovely shots and everything around your home.
lots of hugs

Seawashed said...

Oh it is all cure. I like the boho style of your back patio area. I have one of those flag buntings in your first photo that I hang every year at our front door proch entrance too. ox

Seawashed said...

all cute..I mean. Oops. and porch. I must be tired. tee hee

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Erin...your porch is worthy of being in the best of magazines....I could swear that you used photos from COUNTRY LIVING! BRAVO BRAVO AND AGAIN I SAY BRAVO for showing us not just snapshots, (like I would use) but for showing us ART from your lens....I love your home and all the hues of blue that you offer. YOU ARE MAGNIFIQUE!!! Anita

Kelsey said...

Yes! I agree! Country Living Magazine look! Great job. I loved those cushions in the store (I love aqua and red) but talked myself out of them. Now I am kicking myself! Great job. Have a Happy Fourth of July!

KarenB said...

Well, it is lovely as usual. I can just picture myself sitting next to you while we chat. Maybe I'm knitting and maybe you're sketching. We could read, but then talking would be a problem. We could pull weeds, that is always tempting. But, I would love it all the same. I love the "love spoken here" sign. You did a fabulous job! And the cute little trike. My oldest had that trike and I sold it at a garage sale in one of our many moves!!! I regretted it then and still do. She turns 27 this month! The addition of the crochet just makes the space sing! Thanks for the peek. Hugs, Karen

Unknown said...

You show us precious things in this blog.
I have been charmed with it.
Its a lovely blog. so i am a new follower.
Congratulations.

Cobalt Violet said...

Fabulous Erin! And I can't get over your beautiful banner!
Have a wonderful 4th of July. Sounds fantastic! Please share. :)

michele said...

oh erin. thanks for stopping so i could find you. you're delightful. and this blog is a lovely dream. i have visited franklin and fell in love with the area so i envy you and the beauty surrounding you.

following and can't wait to come back and catch up on your journey with all its poetry and photos that make me sigh.

michele

Carole said...

WOW WOW WOW I love it all!
It's so utterly charming and loving all the blue you've used and that crocheted curtain you've added is adorable.

We had 2 bunting flags but George stored them in a damp place and they rotted. We used to use them on the old house by the greenhouse. It added a nice touch.

Happy Weekend....off to do some yard clean up!

x
Carole

Heaven's Walk said...

Oh, Erin - I could spend all day sitting on your pretty porch listening to that fountain and sipping iced tea with you! I can't tell you how much I love how you styled that quaint area! I agree with Anita - it IS magazine worthy! The wire letters, the breezy curtains and the clothespins, the fountain.....(sigh!)....just perfectly serene and cozy! Have a great weekend, sweetie! I'll be thinking of you enjoying your sweet place on the porch! ♥

xoxo laurie

Heaven's Walk said...

Oh -- I forgot to ask if you could give me the name and phone # or email address of that store you bought your paint from? Do you know if they ship? I am SO dying to try some of it! :)

xoxo laurie

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh Erin,

Your comments made my morning. YES dearest, we are all survivors of the harsh world that want's to take away our childhood so early and become nothing but consumers of the artificial..give me my garden and God's sweet music in the air, the sounds of His birds and I am all there. Give me His notes on the page and I will learn them and make my own music...let us celebrate in the colors of our lives!

GROSSES BISES, Anita

Renee Howell said...

Thank you so much for letting us into your porch - what a wonderful space!!!! Your decorating touch is amazing. Love it. Going to have to check out the "chalk paint." I have an old table - that NEEDS something....Happy 4th.

Fishtail Cottage said...

Coming over to say hello from Common Ground link party to say hello - you have a gorgeous porch & enjoyed scrolling thru your photos!!! Xoxo tracie

Debra@CommonGround said...

erin, thank you so much for sharing your porch with us. It's a place I could hang out all day. the curtains on clothespins make it so cozy and intimate. Your photos are amazing as always. I love coming here to visit. Hope your weekend is wonderful! xoxo Debra

Kim Klassen said...

oh my gosh.. how completely and totally FABULOUS!!! over the moon..... LOVE your beautiful outdoor decor...

xxo, kim

Bohemian said...

Delighted to have discovered your Beautiful Blog today at Debra's Vintage Patriotic Blog Party!

Happy 4th of July... Dawn... The Bohemian

Anonymous said...

Oh, Erin! I LOVE your porch. I have a 'thing' for delicate wire borders too - you have so many great ideas! :)
Hope your 4th was the best!!!
Hugs,
Zuzu

Anonymous said...

Erin your porch is so inviting and beautiful. My husband and I were in Franklin this past Monday. Such a beautiful place, we plan to relocate there when after my son graduates next year. Never too early to house hunt!

Three French Hens said...

Erin--
What a beautiful place singing of peace-beauty-comfort-thankfulness-creativity...I simply LOVE it and so enjoyed your narrative that walks you through all of those emotions.
Can I live on your porch ">)